Ingredients (four servings):
Cake base (you can also take a thick ready-baked base):
- 35 oz (350g) wheat flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 bananas (very ripe) (*light version: 2 bananas)
- 14.10 oz (400g) pineapple chunks (canned) (*light version: 3.52 oz/100g)
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15.87 oz (450g) cream cheese yoghurt.
- We recommend 3 kegs Almonta Fruit Blueberry & Raspberry
- 5.29 oz (150g) butter
- 10.58 oz (300g) sugar
- 1 lime (fruit and zest)
- 3.52 oz (100g) sugar
- 2.64 oz (75g) pecan nuts
- Edible flowers or seasonal fruit
- 7.05 oz (200g) caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare the baking tray with baking paper, grease it with a little of the butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- For the cake base, combine the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, cinnamon with a pinch of salt.
- Then use the pulp of the bananas and pineapples, mix it and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Mix it altogether with oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a next step, divide the dough into two parts, pour it into molds and put them in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. After baking, let the cake settle a bit, so that it cools thoroughly.
- For the filling, prepare a mass of cream cheese, butter and sugar and add the juice and scrubbed zest of the lime (rub skin, non-white part).
- Apply half of the mass on the cooled cake (first cake base), cover it with the second cake base and spread the other half of the lime cream cheese mass on top.
- For the topping, pour sugar in a hot pan until it begins to dissolve or changes color to brown.
- When the sugar has dissolved, add pecans and mix them with the sugar, so that the nuts are covered with the melted sugar. Spread the prepared sugar-nuts mass on a baking paper so that it is not too thick (max. 0.5 cm) and leave to cool completely. The cold caramelized nuts will resemble stained glass.
- Crumble the caramelized nuts into neatly pieces and pound in a mortar. Sprinkle the resulting crystal sprinkles solidly on the cream cake.
- Decorate the whole cake additionally with edible flowers or seasonal fruit. You can also sprinkle it with grated lime peel.
See all recipes
Recipes using this product
Blueberry smoothie Pour milk into a bowl, add cream cheese, honey and fruits. Blend it to a smooth liqui...Healthy muesli Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Prepare the baking tray with baking paper and s...Hummingbird Cake with edible flowers Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare the baking tray with baking paper, grea...